We at Chatham County Animal Services want to assist you in your efforts to reunite you with your pet.
Report a Lost Pet to Animal Services
If We Have Your Pet
You may reclaim your pet 1 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. 6 days a week excluding Wednesdays and major holidays. If your pet is not here, we recommend you come in at least every other day to check if your pet is here. Reclaim fees apply for initial impound, vaccinations and board.
We do adoptions, intakes, and return to owners 6 days a week excluding Wednesdays and major holidays.
Please note: No money transactions will be completed after 4:30 which includes adoptions and returns to owners.
Locating Your Pet
Provided below are some tips that you may find helpful in your search.
- Place an advertisement in the Savannah Newspaper (652-0225), Pennysaver (238-2040), Tell-N-Sell (927-7731) and the Spirit of the Westside (748-3567). Consider offering a reward to the public. Lost and found ads are FREE in these papers. Be sure to include the date and area where you animal was lost or found.
- Post signs in nearby convenience stores, grocery stores and veterinarian's offices, not on utility poles. If a picture is included on the sign, it is easier for someone to identify your pet.
- Check with your mail carrier, garbage collectors and other individuals who regularly frequents your neighborhood.
- Check on Craigslist.org website.
- Check Lost and Found Pets in Savannah GA on Facebook.
- Check with ALL veterinarians
- Place a piece of your worn clothing in an outside area near your house. Dogs can pick up a scent a good distance away.
We hope this helps in your search for your beloved pet. If you have not already done so, you should consider micro-chipping your animals, and PLEASE put their tags on their collars.
Chatham County Animal Services Staff